Skip to main content

Relationship Building Block: Intention Check

One would do a medical check up to understand one's state of health. At other times, we check up our account balance to make some financial decisions. We need to always conduct an intention check on our spouses and any form of relationships. This would prevent a lot of misunderstanding, conflict, distrust, disagreement, misjudging, jealousy one might likely be facing. 

The solution to some wrong patterns and deeds of our partner sometimes, is to understand why they did it and that would help us to know what to do to help. Intention check is not a way to justify people's wrong, it's just a way to remain human, show empathy, express emotional intelligence and make our relationship lifelong.

There was a day I was having a conversation with my husband and I said something that he misunderstood. It pained me so much and I thought to myself, if he had listened to the motives behind those words, and tuned his mind to my intentions. He would have seen, I was talking and acting in the best interest of him and our marriage. I had also fallen short of same, where I took his word wrongly when he meant no harm, till he explained and re-explained for me to get his true intention. 

These are needless pains we bear, because we are too impatient to listen out to what our partner is not saying, beyond what he/she is saying. I recently walked away from a friendship when she broke our business tie without an open conversation. I then thought to myself, what if, what she said wasn't really her intentions? or what if that was a word from her to call my attention to her unspoken thought and feelings. I lost a beautiful thing because I couldn't pay the price to check her intentions.

#IntentionCheck

#RelationshipBuildingBlocks

#SaveTomorrowToday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RELATIONSHIP BOOSTER: Love What He Loves

The proof of love is showing genuine interest in what interests your lover. Help him love it and join him to love it. Loving it just the way she loves it, is the cheapest way to her heart. Don't be disinterested in what interests your partner.  There is no one who truly care about what you care for, that won't be dear to you. Just like, we naturally like people who sames resemblance with us, shares our hobbies, bears same name with us, come from our state, even a stranger who knows and calls us by your first name. Even God is not an exception of this relationship block and booster. Friendship with the world is enemity with God. It simply means, we show love by loving what our lover loves. We must not be lover of self more than lover of God. By doing His will, we show that we love him. It's no pretence to genuinely be interested in what she values and in what matters to him. It's simply you making a strong statement that "I prioritise you, and I value what you value...

Relationship Building Block: Practice Tri-Dimensional Love

There are three dimensions to love; three sides to love we must attain for a lifelong union. The first is to love with our heart, second is to love with our soul and the third is to love with our strength. Many times, we either love at one dimension or at most two dimensions instead of the whole three dimensions which is the perfect love.  The first step of love is with our heart, it's love at feelings stage (emotions). If desired, it transcend to loving with our mind and will, that's where commitment sets in (we find reasons to love on) and the last leg of love is loving with our strength (supporting our professed love with lifelong actions), where we spend our effort, time, strength, money on/for same person.  True and perfect love will not give up at the first or second stage, it would always love on. Loving at these three dimensions may be costly, but the rewards and benefits are lifelong. We are truine being, we are a spirit, that has a soul and lives in a body, as such, ...